Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Something New

     So... Welcome! I am Mark and I am from Owyhee County, Idaho, The United States, c/o Earth. (North-Western Hemispherish) I never really thought that I'd have a blog that was about me. Hopefully, if you'll pardon some semantics, this site will be more from me than about me. I should have the site decorated and detailed in no time.
     If you're new to all this, I'm very pleased if somewhat surprised that you've found your way here. I take pictures and talk a lot. (or write a lot, rather) Here I'll share some things I see, and some things I know, and perhaps some things I discover. You might find it a bit strange, but I hope you enjoy it.

Okay. Where to start... Ah yes, the beginning. (Or a beginning, anyhow.)




     I once heard a story (or maybe I just think I did...) about Uncle Coyote. About how the land the people lived on was difficult to live on. So he gathered up the people and put them in a basket. He sought out to find a new land where the people could live easily. But as he walked he did not notice that there was a hole in his basket and the people were falling out the bottom. Wherever they fell they began their lives anew, which is why there are people in other places. When Uncle Coyote found a place that was, as he saw it, just right he settled down and pulled out his basket only to find that it was nearly empty. What few people he had left he taught his ways: stealth, cleverness, where and when to do what. And the people lived well.
     I've always like stories like that. I kind of wondered why they stopped telling them...


     Of course I know why they ended. People move, things change, time (as they say) moves on. Of course in my mind, the land that Uncle Coyote chose was here where I live at the foot of the Owyhees. I think there is something special about it even though now we tend to follow a more agricultural path rather than follow in the coyotes footsteps. And perhaps we need new stories to add to the old to help us see the important details.


     So I'm going to go looking for stories and I hope you'll join me along the way. I'll post often, and at the very least, I'll do my best to be interesting and to post some nice pictures.

-Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment